Saturday at 2 pm
Costume Contest Rules
1. Registration will be at the Convention.
2. Individual presentation time limitations will be determined by amount of entries.
3. All custom audio material must be provided by the contestant.
4. To have music with your presentation, you must bring a player and you must bring it when you register so that the track can be reviewed. No music with offensive lyrics will be allowed. If approved, your player will be kept by the volunteer. Indicate when the track is to be played during your performance.
5. All contestants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to the stage.
6. No profanity allowed. Any contestant who violates this rule will be removed from the stage immediately. Your CD will be checked for profanity when you register.
7. No explosive devices or special effects.
8. No illegal or loaded weapons. No weapons that can fire a projectile will be allowed. Includes nerf and water guns that are loaded. Bladed weapons will be sheathed and peace tied. Foam weapons are allowed but cannot hit or intimate anyone on stage.
9. There will be a designated area for final preparations of costume. Contestants will be instructed on entering and exiting the stage.
10. The catagories will be Adults (amateur and advanced) and Children under 15.
Contestants will be judged on the following:
• Originality/Adaptation: Is the costume an original creation or a good adaption of an existing costume.
• Composition: store bought or hand made. How much time went into creation of the costume.
• Presentation: staying in character or being creative with the character represented.
Special thanks to Salon Envi for sponsoring our costume contest this year!
Visit Philip and the Gang and get your hair done right.
440 Chestnut Street
Gadsden, AL 35901